Friday, August 17, 2018

Change of Direction




Other projects, including my hexagons, have been set aside while I work on an applique section of my guild’s next donation quilt.  



It’s been a long time since I did any applique, let alone something with shapes this challenging.  I’ve been making test pieces of some of the units before using a Kaffe fabric for the actual project.  We were given our choice of any hand-applique technique.  My preference is prepared edge rather than needle turn.




Fifteen more anti-ouch pouches went to the guild meeting with me yesterday.  I’m closing in on my goal of 100 this year.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have been busy! the thing about prepared edge applique that I don't like is the "preparing" part! I guess that is why I mostly go with needle turn

Debbie said...

Oh this change sounds like a new adventure. I am sure you will enjoy it too.