Monday, January 21, 2019

Looking toward the next project

What a week it was.  Hubby has been hospitalized three times in the last 40 days in three different cities.  The most recent admission was in the wee hours Sunday morning for monitoring.  He is on the road to recovery, thankfully, and will be released today.  In a few hours, our daughter and two grandsons will be here to celebrate a delayed Christmas. So, as they say, it’s all good.



The only sewing I managed to do last week was completing the 15 anti-ouch pouches I had started and then delivering them to Guild meeting Wednesday. 



I also pulled out these red and white blocks and put them on the design wall.  This is the project I would like to focus on next.  However, as we have follow-up medical appointments to deal with this week, there may not be a lot of sewing.



Meanwhile, seen on a recent walk:   some of our winter Texans waiting for a handout from a kind neighbor.


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your husband will improve I know what it is like sitting in the waiting rooms or in the ER stitching can get done but it is nerve wracking at times for sure!

Debbie said...

3 times???? Oh my, you have had a rough season. I imagine you are emotionally and physically drained. I do so hope he is recovering and no more trips to the hospital. A delayed Christmas is a good way to start the year and road for recovering for both of you. Hug those grands a little tighter.
I love your red quilt and really look forward to seeing how it grows.