Saturday, October 10, 2020

Unit 2 is Done




Unit 2 of Kim Diehl’s Esther’s Bloomers block of the month is finally done.  Four more units to go.  I was relieved to see that my piecing was accurate enough for the borders to fit with no problem.  The pattern calls for several more pieced borders. 

 The owner of the quilt shop where I purchased this kit announced she is retiring.  It’s too early to know how she will clear out her inventory.  I would say her shop is another victim of the pandemic, but I know this is only one part of a much bigger plan she and her hubby are launching.  I really miss the pre-pandemic gatherings we used to have at her shop on Second Saturdays.

In order to get an acceptable image at the beginning of this post, I had to fiddle with fill light settings in Picasa 3.  I would love to find portable, and not too pricy, lighting for when I photograph quilts.  None of our windows illuminate my design wall evenly and our ceiling lights are too dim.  A blogger I follow suggested using the ring lights that are made for selfies.  If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I have one of "those" birthdays coming up next month.  Since parties, our annual birthday-anniversary trip to San Antonio, and even shopping sprees are not going to happen, maybe I can order some new lighting?  Just a thought.


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that quilt

Debbie said...

The quilt is great! A second look after the lighting issue was explained, and I can see the wash out from Picasa. No idea on a light for photography. But would be a good investment for this.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very pretty quilt!

AnnieO said...

Looks terrific! Kim always uses such warm luscious colors in her quilts. Sorry about your local quilt shop closing soon. We still have a few in our county!