Saturday, April 3, 2021

Applique, Applique, Applique...



The sewing part of my week has mostly been consumed by trying to finish the applique on Esther’s Bloomers.  Progress is slow, but at least it is happening.  One more set of half circles needs to be stitched and petals are beginning to happen.

 

During those times when I just want a break from handwork, I’ve resumed making anti-ouch pouches for breast surgery patients.  I’ve let this project slip during the pandemic, but there will be a guild pick-up for finished pouches next week and I want to have something to contribute.

 


One of my Christmas cacti is making a show.  The blooms are always pointed downwards and I was curious to see how they look.  I turned on the selfie mode of my phone camera and even though the focus is bad, I think the result is interesting.

 


For three years this mud nest was built and occupied by swallows.  Some other kind of bird is using it this spring and they are adding lots of straw to the mud base.  I only thought it couldn’t get messier.

 

 

 

Live -- My 2021 Word

 

Life is from the inside out.  When you shift on the inside, life shits on the outside. – Kamal Ravikant


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a clever idea how to take a photo of the cacti bloom.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I had to read you comment 2 times - it is funny! Next time you do BOM like this one let me know! I may be tempted! This is going to be a beautiful quilt! Have a great week! We are having a lot of Oak trees blooming! Bluebonnets are all around so I guess it is summer - going to hit in the 90's this week.

Miaismine said...

Your applique is lovely! I so love hand stitching! Thank you for your contribution to breast cancer patients. I'm sure the recipients are grateful for your kindness!