Friday, March 26, 2021

This and That





The final borders for Esther’s Bloomers are coming along.  After I finish appliqueing the half circles to the remaining two strips, I will need to add 180 leaves.  Also, not shown is a fourth pieced strip.




The latest fabric splurge arrived last week.  I think it will work as a border fabric on a blue/green/neutral top I began last year.




Julia kindly gifted me with pink flamingoes on my birthday last November.  I’ve decided to continue with the pink theme in my patio plantings.




These little violets are pretty right now, but are so invasive, I’ll be fussing about them later this spring.  As a young woman, I was perplexed when my mother asked for a grubbing hoe for Christmas.  Now that it’s a lot harder for me to get up and down, I’ve come to appreciate a hoe when weeding flower beds.




We finally decided that it is warm enough for Maddie to be groomed.  Believe it or not, this is the same dog.  Who would have thought she had ears?  She does clean up rather well.




And finally, following the lead set by Wanda at Exuberant Color and Julie at Me and My Quilts, here’s what hair that hasn’t seen a stylist in 13 months looks like.  Never ever have I had hair this long.  I had my second Covid shot this week.  So, I’ll be thinking about a hair cut in two weeks or so.


Live -- My 2021 Word            


Decide to live your life. Stop comparing yourself to others. You were not born to live their life. There is no sense in wasting yours being jealous of theirs. Instead, you were born to live your life – determine today to be good at it. After all, you only get one shot. – Joshua Becker

 




4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

unlike you I did take a chance on several haircuts over the year - not at the place I normally go as they looked to busy but one day months ago now I noticed when I went to Wal-Mart early morning that the hair cut salon was open and no one was in it but the lady sitting there waiting for customers and she had a mask on - I stopped and asked if I could get a quick cut and yes I could and no one was there! So about every 3 months I call her to make an appointment to get a hair cut early and she knows I have a suppressed immune system so she makes sure there are no other appointments and each time no one but me was there - I noticed over the year at other times of the day there were several working and several receiving haircuts but it has worked out for me. You keep your mask on and so do they.
Love your applique circles (I have grown the hair dye out though and I'm completely white/gray now)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It really is hard to believe that is the same dog!

We have been able to see what long hair is like and decide what length we might like now. I haven't had hair this long since 1966 and probably will wait to see what the humidity does to it this summer before I decide on a cut.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You will enjoy the haircut. I have mine coming next Thursday! - I have been trimming mine all along and about a month ago I just let it grow. Now Dana will have a fun time. Hope all goes well with the shot. Hugs - it will be close to 90 today and cold in the morning (Sunday). What a way to bring Spring to South Texas! Maddie looks good and probably feels great like we do after getting our hair done! LOL. Hugs

O'Quilts said...

Amazing what Covid has revealed about ourselves...
Nice quote...rings true !!