Saturday, March 6, 2021

Just Checking In




I delayed this post in the hopes that I would have something to report other than just cutting and prepping for Unit 6 of Esther’s Bloomers.  Alas, I’m still chugging along in that early stage.  After I finally finish turning the edges on the 180 leaves, I will still need to prep 60 small, medium and large half circles for applique.  I may have to put is aside for a day or two just so I can get some machine stitching therapy in.

 


We have definitely thawed out and the highs this week have been in the mid and high 70s.  Trees are beginning to bud, and our live oaks are dropping leaves like crazy.  They are great trees, but messy this time of year.

 

I received my first Covid vaccine last Saturday and was pleased that I had a very mild reaction.  The second shot may be more potent, or maybe not. 

 


My grandson gave me a gift card for my birthday and I decided to celebrate the thaw with an indulgence.  It was wonderful.

 


And, I guess possession truly is 9/10 of the law, sigh.

 

Live -- My 2021 Word

 The whole point is to live life and be - to use all the colors in the crayon box.--RuPaul

 


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had my first shot this past week too and only had a sore arm - I know it might be more at the beginning of next month when I get the second but it won't stop me from getting it. An ice coffee drink looks so good! So many applique pieces! I'm working on one too but it isn't near as many pieces as what you have there.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I so admire Esther's quilts and I hope some day to have the skills to work on one. That's a lot of leaves, but the end will definitely be worth the efforts. So happy you got the vaccine...I am months away from qualifying here. Your iced coffee drink looks so good..a perfect treat. I could hardly believe the news of all the snow in Texas so far south of me here in Ontario, Canada. Your photos look like here. Anyway, happy stitching Mary!

Debbie said...

So glad you got past the first one. Prayers that the second one goes well too.
Our warm up began today and I see some green tips on plants and the maples are in buds. I look forward to spring. I am slao just hanging on and not getting anyway I fear. Enjoy that treat...it looks grand.