Monday, August 16, 2021

Bound, Labeled, Done


It’s been more than a month since I sat down at the keyboard to prepare a blog post.  I have no excuses, good or bad, but I have been working on my projects.  In fact, in the last month I have added three projects to the queue and completed one of them.

 


I’ll talk about the other two in later posts, but this quilt is the one that is bound, labeled, done.  It is most definitely out of my wheelhouse.  It’s big, chunky and wonky by design.  And most of all, it’s so Aggie!  Now, don’t get me wrong.  Although my blood runs Texas Longhorn burnt orange, I really like the Aggies…with the exception of one day a year and that depends on the final score. 

 

Grandson Aidan is a freshman at Texas A&M and a member of the Corps.  Half way into this project, we learned that he could not use it in his dorm room.   He is required to use standard issue bed coverings in the Corps dorm.  In fact, we were told many of the young men in the Corps opt to use sleeping bags on the floor rather than having to make their beds military style every morning.  I also learned they are only allowed to have three things on their desks at any one time.  One of those is the computer he is required to have, so I guess that leaves a pen and piece of paper.

 


But, I digress.  Since I wanted him to have the quilt in time for his birthday, I had a friend quilt it for me, and it is now on his bed at home.  I’m told both he and his dog, Gus, approve.


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like it fits in perfectly in his bedroom at home. What discipline to only have 3 things on a desk!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat freaks! 3 things on the desk wow - I would thing sleeping on the floor would get old after awhile - quilt looks good on the bed

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Nice finish! Love those Aggies - have a stepson who went to Aggie Land. Hugs