Monday, December 6, 2021

Top Finished

Hubby and one of his brothers have headed west for a hunting trip.  The other brother who was with us Thanksgiving and his wife have headed south.  They’re all from Wisconsin, so I understand.  That left me with a few days to catch my breath and actually do some quilt related things.

 


If I were to name this quilt, I would probably call it “Sanity.”  Not only was it a Covid handwork project, it saw me through the Tour de France, Vuelta a Espana, lots of golf and a fair amount of football.  If you’re picking up the vibe that the person with the remote control in his hand has a slightly different taste in television than I do, you’re right. The colors in this photograph are definitely off.  The top is much more in the teal and pink family.

 

The clamshell pattern is one that I have wanted to make for a long time and it grew out of a virtual workshop with Irene Blanck.  Except for the borders, it is entirely hand pieced.

 

Another birthday has come and gone, and with all the out-of-town company in the area, we seemed to celebrate more than usual this year. I received two very nice floral gifts. 

 



The amaryllis bulbs I showed last month have sent up fresh bloom stalks and are still putting on a show.

 


The poinsettia I received for my birthday in 2020 has survived so far and is gradually getting its Christmas colors.


 

Bob and his brother return tomorrow.  Today’s goal is to get some serious housecleaning done.

 

Live -- My 2021 Word

In life, it’s important to know when to stop arguing with people, and simply let them be wrong. --Unknown

 


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can tell none of my amaryllis will flower for Xmas but will be winter blooms instead - if they flower - they are old and pick their own time. Sounds like you had some nice downtime to yourself - that can be nice after visitors.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Flowers are so uplifting especially in winter. That is fun keeping a poinsettia alive from last year. I wondered if they knew when to start turning red when you kept them over.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful flowers. I need to get started on a new hand project NEXT YEAR which is coming sooner than later! Your quilt is beautiful and all hand work! Good for you.

Are you ready for 2 days of winter and then 5 days of summer again? They predicted that we would have a warmer winter UGH!

It appears that I missed your birthday so happy birthday - belated! Have you turned 25 yet? Maybe 29? When I hit 60 I started reversing the age, 06, 16, 26, etc. But when you get to the double digits I stop! LOL.

Have a great week-end enjoy the cold weather. Hugs.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.