Monday, February 13, 2023

Checking In




I’ve been working on my red and white tumbler quilt while watching television with hubby.  In order to break up the process, I’ve already started putting some rows together.  The dining table has become a secondary design area as log cabin blocks are taking up the design wall in my sewing room.



Speaking of my sewing room, it has never completely recovered from being disassembled Friday so the glass repairman could get to one of my windows.  It was another golf ball casualty.  We thought the dense landscaping protected this one, but apparently the ball ricocheted off something and still managed to break it.



My poinsettias continue to give me a show and brighten my winter days.  They seem to like the southern exposure. 



And my orchid, which I first showed in my post November 23, is still in bloom, although some have begun to fade.  It prefers the humidity and filtered light in our bathroom.

The weather cleared and the guild quilt show week before last was a success.  I was quite concerned as I made the drive to the Burnet Community Center for set up the Thursday before.  While our neighborhood had mostly been spared the worst of the icy weather, all the trees along the highway were coated with ice and great ropes of it were falling off the power lines that crossed the highway.  Austin, 40 miles to our east, had it even worse and we feared that people would be so busy dealing with the aftermath of the storm that they would not be attending. It will be some time before all the accounting is finished and committee heads reimbursed, but we had good crowds with the boutique, silent auction and bits and pieces areas doing a brisk business.  This was the first time we offered people the option of paying by credit card and it went smoothly.

Today I have a date with the vacuum, dust rag and mop.  I’ve been procrastinating on those chores too long. 

 




2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad your quilt show went smoothly - that ice storm was something wasn't it, heard about it we had some here too in our state.
the hazards of living in golf ball range!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your tumblers look so tiny! I think I would be afraid to be outside in your yard if balls are breaking your windows. That wouldn't be a pleasant feeling being hit by a ball.
You have so many nice blooms right now. My poinsettia didn't do well this year.