Wednesday, July 17, 2024

A Non-Quilty Finish





My Tuesday quilting group did a road trip recently and I brought home this pattern.  The apron is reversible and made with quilter’s cotton.  The hardest part for me was making and placing the pockets.  I think I tried four different methods before I found one I liked.  I ended up making a template and turning the rounded edges using starch and an iron, similar to the way I do prepared-edge applique.  The pockets are made with two coordinating fabric layers, and I found it helpful to stitch the two layers together before prepping the edges.  The next hardest part was attaching the yoke.  Pins didn’t work well for me and I ended up using applique glue to hold the seam ends together while I stitched. 

 


Hopefully future aprons will go together quicker.  I am considering making more for the Guild boutique and as gifts. 

 


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Aprons seem to be coming back in fashion. I used to make my mother's and my grandma's aprons in the 1950s. I never got used to wearing one.

Linda said...

That is so cute - I might have to make an apron or two for Christmas gifts. I love aprons!