Sunday, July 21, 2024

Another Finish




The binding is finished and my vintage bowtie quilt is bound-labeled-done.  This was done as a part of a Fig Tree & Company sew along using fabrics from their Jelly and Jam Collection.  I wanted a light weight summery quilt for my easy chair and chose the thinnest batting I could find by Quilter’s Dream.

 


My Hibiscus was not doing well and I’ve moved it to a bigger pot and a sunnier spot.  I discovered the buds and undersides of leaves were covered with tiny white bugs.  A Master Gardener friend suggested that I drench the foliage with water.  That has helped and I am now seeing more buds.  Unfortunately, the bugs keep reappearing and I have to repeat the process daily.

In other news... 

The time I spent with my daughter last weekend was wonderful, followed by a call Monday morning telling me she had tested positive for Covid.  In the past week I have tested three times, all with negative results.  I’ll be checking with my doctor Monday to see if I can resume normal activities.


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you do not get covid - it is certainly going around again. We have a family reunion on August 3rd and I have no idea if I will feel like driving to it and numerous people in the family have been taking turns with it - besides Mike and I I heard one of my nephews has it and his little boy. I heard that others had it over the past several months.
your quilt is looking good and I hope your hibiscus survives

Linda said...

Your vintage bowtie quilt is SO pretty! So sorry your daughter has Covid, geez what is going on with this outbreak - makes me a little paranoid.