Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Hosting Quilty Friends


Yesterday was my turn to host the neighborhood quilters.  Whenever I visit a quilter’s home, I always hope for a glimpse of their studio.  In my case, they have to access the guest bathroom by going through my sewing room, so of course a tidy-up was necessary.

I come from a family of packrats, so my room will always have some clutter, this is much neater than usual.



The Husky tool chest serves as a storage space, as well as a pressing and cutting station.  I purchased the large pressing surface from a friend who was opening a retreat center.  It and the Husky are two of my better purchase decisions.



I keep two sewing machines ready for use at all times.  The one in the window is a straight stitch only machine with some modern convenienes like thread cutting and needle-down capabilities.  The Janome has a built in walking foot plus some extra stitches.


Then, there is my sit-down quilting machine.  I have a love-hate relationship with this machine.  I love its capabilities and hate my skill limitations.



I also received some happy mail from Wanda.  During a recent destash sale I jumped on these pretty grape fabrics.  This is a color family that is lacking in my stash, and I was happy to get them.


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a good incentive to clean up. Now finding everything you put away is the next challenge.

Linda said...

I love your space. That tool chest was such a good decision. How wonderful to have those machines set up ready to go. I miss my older Janome and table, but I do like my newer Janome with Arrow table