It’s been “hot minute” since I last sat down to the keyboard
to post. Honestly, the sewing room has
been largely inactive since June 9. That’s
the day I opened a document on my patient portal expecting to see something
about the previous week’s gallbladder surgery.
Instead, there was a pathology report telling me I had cancer from an
unknown source.
Since then, my time has been crammed with more tests, scans,
a trip to MD Anderson Cancer Center and a port insertion. I had my first infusion Wednesday. The current diagnosis is Primary Peritoneal
Carcinoma. It’s like Ovarian Cancer
without the ovary and receives the same chemotherapy treatment. The hope is that I will get a remission.
It took a while to determine a diagnosis, with it changing
at least once. So, I delayed this post in
order that our extended family could be given an update first.
Meanwhile, I am surrounded by an army of prayer warriors and
my sweet Tuesday quilty friends gifted me with a chemo quilt. Every one of them made a point of
contributing to the effort.
![]() |
My hair has been cut VERY short and yesterday we went in search
of a wig.
| It needs a little styling! |
All this is new to me. It’s my hope that now that we have an established plan of action and a schedule in place, I will feel more like stitching and posting.


3 comments:
oh no and here I was going to ask you if you have had any trouble from the flooding in your area and you have been overwhelmed with trouble of another sort. I hope this cancer is in early stages and that you will not have a lot of trouble with the treatment. I assume this was a complete surprise to you. Are you able to get treatment near by? I would want a wig too and hope they can style it how you want it. I will be thinking of you.
What a shock to get that report instead of the one you thought was coming. I'm thankful that you have a cancer center not far away. That was wise to wig shop early. I'll be thinking about you every day.
Oh Mary what an ugly intrusion into your life! Did you have symptoms - pain, nausea? I am praying along with your prayer warriors. Their chemo quilt for you is beautiful - it will give you strength and comfort. What a blessing to have a close cancer center! Your wig looks amazing - I would not have even known! Praying for you and sending you hugs.
Post a Comment