The batik quilt I worked on at our in-house retreat last week is a flimsy. I got as far as the checkerboard border the first day. The checkerboard border was made from 1 ¼ inch strip sets and turned out to be a real challenge, and I had to finish it at home after the retreat. It seems I can’t count to 72 the same way twice and I had to do some adjusting when I discovered that one side had 72 blocks, the other had 71, and the corner blocks were mismatched. After adjusting some seam allowances and adding another unit to one side, it all worked out well. It finished at approximately 51 X 63".
The design is “Patchwork Bouquet” by Amanda Murphy for Robert Kaufman Fabrics using the Lapis color way. It was a good project for a noisy, chatty and totally enjoyable gathering of quilting
fiends err friends.