Like many bloggers I follow, I can’t bring myself to dispose of any but the tiniest of fabric scraps, and even that pains me. So one evening recently when the house was quiet and I was too tired to concentrate on anything complicated, I pulled out my basket of batik crumbs and produced this little mug rug. I used a technique described by Connie.
It was very relaxing play time. I've found, however, that I consistently struggle with binding small projects like mug rugs. In this case, one of my corners is distorted and I always have a wrestling match with the final joining of the binding ends. Some of the mug rugs I've received from others use a binding technique in which the binding is first attached to the back and then secured on the front with a decorative stitch. I think I will try this method soon.