Monday, August 23, 2010

Design Wall Monday -- My First Post

I’ve been drawn to the idea of starting a blog for months, but could not decide how I wanted to begin. I finally decided the easiest way to break through my writer’s block might be to make my first post to Judy Laquidara’s Design Wall Monday page.




I have been making these plaid hourglass blocks for several months and estimate that I have about 2/3 or the number required. Fortunately, this project has no particular deadline and I pick it up whenever I need a change of pace. It will primarily be used by my husband's hunting partner and I wanted it to have a masculine feel.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Be very careful! It is so addictive :)

Beth said...

Congrats on your new blog! LOVE the bluebonnets! This will be a nice manly quilt. I have trouble quilting those..I seem to want to feather EVERYTHING! HA! My parents live in BeeCave (south west Austin area...) love it when we visit during bluebonnet season. That dark blue is my FAV color...

Cherie in St Louis said...

Happy first blog post :) You've definitely achieved the masculine feel with your plaid hourglass blocks.....they look terrific. I look forward to following your progress.

Angie in SoCal said...

It does look manly - well said, Beth. Great first post.

Diane said...

welcome to blogland...as you've been previously warned: It's addictive-- much like quilting!
love your plaid blocks- a masculine quilt for sure.

Shirley said...

This is exactly how I started. I wanted to leave a message and couldn't because I didn't have one. So I did it and I'm glad. Shirley

AnnieO said...

Blogland is such a great place to spend time! I've been blogging for about a year and a half and have enjoyed it so much--hope you will too. Your blocks look terrific. I love the plaids.

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

Welcome to blogland!

Gari in AL said...

Starting a blog can be scary, I remember. But starting on Judy's page is a great idea: that way you are pretty sure someone will read it. I like your plaid blocks: I am trying to think of a way to use the plaids I have collected.

Judy D in WA said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Blogland. It's a very friendly place, you'll love it here. I'm sure you will make lots of fabulous friends.
Love, love, love the plaid hour glass blocks! Can't wait to see what you do with them.