Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finally...a finish

Thank you to all who left encouraging comments on my last post.  Immediately after I published the post, we left for a three-day trip to the ranch and I did not see what you said until today.  I do appreciate hearing from you.

My husband was anxious to finish some chores at the ranch including cleaning out a stock tank and getting things set up for the beginning of hunting season the first weekend in November.  The trip gave me a chance to load up Fiona (a.k.a. HQ16) and work on this project. 

The pattern came from this book. 


The author calls it the “Two Step.”  I think I will name my version “All Boxed In and Singing the Blues.”  Although the entire quilt is done in a single block pattern, the color placement gives the optical illusion of movement and blocks of differing sizes.  I chose to quilt it using a simple meander.



2 comments:

Diane said...

I love it-love blue and white quilts!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like this quilt. I like your new name for it too.