Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not My Usual Quilt Cub Meeting Day

We celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Marble Falls Quilt Club today.  One of the things the members were asked to do was participate in a challenge that included a heart motif.  The project could be a quilt or clothing item and the heart could be incorporated any way we chose.  There were some extremely nice entries and I was unprepared when they announced my Heart and Home quilt had won second prize.  One of the bees had made really cute heart ribbons and my prize included a gift certificate to a local quilt shop!

This project had languished in my stash of unfinished projects for well over a year.  The challenge gave me the motivation I needed to finish it.  It was a pattern published by Design Originals called “Heart and Home.” I used a jelly roll from the Madeira Collection by Blackbird Designs for Moda.  This was the first time I had attempted hand appliqué and free motion feathers in my quilting.  



After the meeting, I joined some quilting friends for lunch – just about the nicest day I could have imagined!

No comments: