Thursday, November 25, 2010

Memories of Thanksgivings Past


We have the good fortune to live in a community that was built on a former pecan orchard.  Many of the trees still grow in public areas and this year has yielded a very good pecan crop.  Gleaning pecans with my family during Thanksgiving holidays is one of those happy memories from my childhood.  Here is some of what we’ve harvested thus far this year.  Hopefully, we’ll be adding more to the bucket before the season ends.

I haven’t had a chance to post in a while.  A good friend invited me to spend a few days with her in Dallas so there has been no opportunity to sew since my last post.  Then, of course, there were the preparations for Thanksgiving itself once we returned.  Hopefully, I will soon have a project loaded on Fiona and be back at work. 

Life happens, and family could not join us for Thanksgiving this year.  In the meantime, we are enjoying the company of dear friends.

I hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.

No comments: