Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blue and Yellow Quilt

I have always lived in the south where temperatures are toasty most of the year, making me wonder why I am so drawn to a craft like quilting.  It finally got cool enough recently that I wanted to cuddle under a quilt while watching television.  I pulled out this blue and yellow quilt I finished earlier this year.  It was supposed to be a scrappy quilt from my stash, but I soon discovered that I did not have enough variety in my color-way and ended up purchasing more fabric.  Fortunately, I was able to use almost all that I purchased so this project did reduce rather than add to my existing stash.

The light wasn't very good in the room where I took the picture and the colors look a little washed out in this photograph.  They are much more vibant.  The pattern is one I found on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site.

No comments: