Monday, August 1, 2011

Design Wall Monday -- 08/01/2011


My design wall holds completed July blocks for the Civil War Chronicles block of the month making us half way through this project.  Half way, that is, if you don’t count the work that comes after the top is pieced. 



Also on my design wall are the corner stones for my Plaid Obsession string quilt that I posted about last week.  These little nine-patches will finish at three inches and were great leader-ender pieces.

We had temperatures as high as 104 degrees last week and when our local quilt shop lost its air conditioning in the classroom our Sit N Sew Day was cancelled.  Bummer, I sure missed time with my quilty friends, but, as it was too hot to get out anyway, I still managed to have a productive week.  Of the 31 days in July, 30 of them had temperature highs over 100 degrees. 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

These are looking good. The plaid one is an eye catcher. Who doesn't love plaid.
We are wilting here too...but had some rain at 2 am, as it woke me up. Waiting on fall to arrive... soon I hope.

Yvette said...

Now you did your Civil War Chronicles blocks right. I accidentally switched the fabrics. LOL They look great! I just picked up August's blocks today.