Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Belated Progress Report



Yesterday was busy with household chores, and I did not get around to making a Design Wall Monday post.  So, here is a belated picture of Strips That Sizzle on my design wall.  This is the layout I decided to use, and I have begun sewing the rows together. 



I have a small cut of the fabric on the right.  If I have enough and it looks okay pieced, I may make a narrow inner border order out of it to add a little punch of color before adding a wider outer border.



I’m also ready to start doing the handwork on my Jacob’s Ladder quilt binding.  It will be the project I take to at Sit ‘N Sew today, but I am a slow stitcher and it will take several days to finish.  Sometimes I like just taking handwork to my group sewing days.  There is less stuff to carry in and out of the classroom. 



And…it’s turtle season again.  I had to rescue this little one, which somehow got inside our fence but couldn’t get out.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your sizzle looks fabulous. Really love the colors. Yea...turtle rescue. Such amazing creatures.