Friday, May 3, 2013

Love Those Squishy Packages


It’s mug rug swap time again, and my package from Ida was waiting for me when we returned from a trip to the ranch.  We chose a patriotic theme this time and I love what she came up with…can you guess she has a new embroidery machine?  The binding really sets it off.



 

Here it is with the extras she included.  Thank you, Ida.



…and here is the one I sent to her.  I know she has received it, so I can post pictures of it as well.




Like much of the rest of the country, we experienced record breaking cool weather this week.  It was in the low 40s when we got up, but fortunately, no freeze.

Additional note added May 4:  In my haste to get this post out yesterday, I neglected to mention that my mug rug was an adaptation of a free pattern I found on-line.  I removed the border and extended some of the seams to make it wider.  If you would like to see the original pattern you can visit Belle's post.  So many people are very generous in sharing their creativity, and I did not feel right in omitting that information.  I am so sorry for the oversight.

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

Two lovely and very different mug rugs... I like them both! Such creativity and great execution as well!

Lots of nice extras as well...

:)