Friday, July 12, 2013

Squishy Packages

Being a lady of, well, a certain age, I can remember a Hawaiian entertainer named Don Ho, crooning a song that began: “Tiny bubbles in the wine.  Make me happy, make me feel fine.”  Those lyrics modified to “Squishy packages in the mail….” have been running through my head today.  Two squishy packages landed in my mail box this week to brighten these hot dreary days here in Texas. 


First to arrive was a giveaway from Debbie at Stitchin' Therapy.  She was clearing out her sewing room and offered up these two patterns, one for a bag, and the other for a needle case.  I have been looking for a needle case pattern to make for my own use as well as to give as gifts, so I was very happy to receive this.



Then this package from Mary, my mug rug swap partner, arrived yesterday.  Her watermelon mug rug and fat quarter are just too cute!  The mug rug I made for her is on its way.  When I know she has received it, I’ll post a picture of it.

5 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Congratulations on your mail day! Love your watermelon rug mug!

Thanks for sharing, Carolyn :)

Debbie said...

Glad they arrived and hope you will enjoy them! Love the watermelon....with a long cool glass of tea!

Hilachas said...

I love squishy packages and yours are wonderful. Congratulations of winning the giveaway. I love that watermelon mug rug. How creative is that?

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations on your win.

I'm glad you enjoyed your mug rug. I love mine as well ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the mug rug Mary made you. It was fun to see the swap.