Monday, January 20, 2014

A Little Handwork During the Games


I’m not that much of a follower of professional football, but I enjoy “watching” the games with my husband provided I have some handwork to keep me occupied.  I was tired of knitting dishcloths, so I pulled this old UFO from the sewing closet.  Eventually I’ll add the bluebonnet blooms to the stems, but right now I’m just working on the leaves at the base of the plants.  I've discovered that I like working with Bottom Line thread (by Superior Threads) when hand stitching turned edge applique.  This project will probably be stowed again in short order as I will soon have some binding to do on a quilt, but it was fun to rediscover it.

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Looks like a good project to have on hand for football game watching... beautiful fabrics!

Thanks for the tip on the Bottom Line thread for applique!


Doniene said...

Wonderful!!! I, too love the fabrics and can't wait to see the blooms!!

Hugs!