Friday, January 3, 2014

Stash Enhancements

For several years I've intended to save my pennies until the year-end inventory reduction sales and make some stash enhancement purchases.  This year I actually succeeded.  Here are the first two of three shipments.  

There’s lots of variety, but many of the cuts are quite small (1/4 yard).  One piece was used as the binding for the quilt I posted about earlier this week.  Most of the cuts will be incorporated into Jane Stickle blocks.  I also have an idea about making a color wheel quilt some day.  


Here are two pieces being auditioned as potential binding for this top which was completed in 2013.  The next shipment should have some backing fabric and I will make my final decision after it arrives.  Then it will be time to look for an opportunity to head out to the ranch and load up the frame.


1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

"Stash enhancements..." I like that... need to definitely remember that term... :D

Nothing brightens up the day better than packages with fabric inside... love all your SE's!