Monday, July 21, 2014

At Long Last

This top was made from split nine-patch blocks that were Bonnie Hunter’s Leader/Ender challenge in the summer of 2013 (I think).  I finally finished quilting it today.  I did the stitching in the ditch on my Janome as well as some straight-line stitching using my walking foot.  By the time I had finished that stage, my HQ16 had been converted to a sit down model and I did the rest of the quilting on it.  Part of the work was free motion; part used stencils; and some involved ruler work.  There was a lot of learning going on during all this as my machine and I became friends again and it definitely shows.  Nonetheless, I’m happier with the results than I expected. 

As soon as Bob reaches a stopping point on his project and clears my cutting table, I’ll trim it.  Hopefully, that will happen sometime this week.


Debbie said... this scrap one! I am such a sucker for these. This pattern never fails to please. Glad to hear you are friends again with the quilting machine. Looks wonderful.

Impera Magna said...

Congrats on finishing quilting this beauty! Love scrappy quilts... well done!

O'Quilts said...

great job...isnt it a great feeling to finish...