Monday, December 1, 2014

I have a plan, of sorts...


Our final quilt club meeting of the year is a pre-holiday party and usually includes some kind of quilty game.  This year we were told to bring one yard of ugly fabric.  The rules were that the fabrics would be passed around the table (we had 7 at our table) until we were told to stop.  Then we would tear the piece we were holding in half, keep half and pass the remaining piece for the next round.  By the time we finished, each of us had a mixture of fabrics ranging in size from half a yard to a small rectangle a little bigger than the palm of my hand.  We were then told to make something with it.

I have to say that some of the fabrics were okay but others, well, what were we thinking when we paid good money for them.  Happily, none of mine came home with me.  We are permitted to add other fabrics to the mix, but we must use at least some of everything we received.

So this….

Has become this….


We’ll see how it turns out.

4 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That sounds like a fun quilty game. And it'll be interesting to see what you do with that fabric.

Debbie said...

You are a brave soul.....i generally avoid all challenges and such like this. Everyone I have tried turned out a mess, as I always ended up with the worse fabric combos. Glad you can add fabric constants to it. I am sure your plan will turn out great.

AnnieO said...

I just joined a modern quilt guild and must say I'm enjoying the challenges. For our December challenge we had to blindly pick two crayons out of a bag and then make a quilted item using only shades of the two crayons. I got yellow green, and metallic gold. Tough! But it's been fun:)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I must say I would cut that cupcake fabric up into tiny pieces!!