Thursday, December 4, 2014

She's Back!


Somewhere in my collection of old cookbooks, I have one with the notation “Beware of friends bearing gifts.  They may make you fat!”  Our winter Texan quilter friend, “North Dakota Carol,” has rejoined us for Tuesday’s Sit ‘n Sew gatherings.  She gifted us with these cute containers of honey which had been harvested from bee hives on land owned by her family.  It’s so good to have her back with us.


I have made two blocks for my ugly fabric challenge.  I’m using Gyleen Fitzgerald’s pineapple block tool and find it really is an easy process and a great way to use up scraps.  Hopefully I will pick up speed and get the 16 made I need for this small top.

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I LOVE pineapple blocks (I have 3 made ... I'm hoping to make a total 35). It looks like an excellent choice for using up ugly fabrics ... the pieces are small enough that they're not looking very ugly to me. ;-)