Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Flew Past

I didn’t start out planning a prolonged blog break, but that’s what happened.  Since it’s the last day of 2016, I wanted to do a wrap up post before turning over a new leaf for 2017.

Since my last post, we spent a week on the Texas Coast at Port Aransas for our birthaversary celebration.  This has become a tradition for us as my birthday, Bob’s birthday and our anniversary, not to mention Christmas, fall within a 30-day span starting late November.  It’s our gift to each other.



The weather was not ideal this year.  This was the type of view we had of the shore most days. The color in  these photos is fairly accurate.



Even the birds didn’t want to be out and about, although I saw surfers in the water every day.

…But I soon found that if I bundled up I could enjoy the sound of the surf and the taste of the salt air as I walked along the shoreline.  Most days I got my 10,000 steps in.  



I took my machine for working on bow tie blocks.  (The collection of blocks on my design wall is growing slowly.)



…And my hexagons, which I worked on both in the condo and in the car.



When we returned, this sweet squishy package from Debbie at Stitchin' Therapy was waiting for me.  I’m still pondering how to use these, but I’m thinking about a cover for my 2017 journal.  The one about letting go of what I can’t control is especially apropos.  Thank you so much, Debbie!

So, ready or not, 2017 is arriving right on schedule in a few short hours, and I’m wishing everyone happiness and health.

5 comments:

Debbie said...


You are most welcome.....and a journal cover sounds fabulous for one. The bow ties are growing and looking so good. Your annual trip sounds restful and just getting off is nice. Wishing you lots of health and good stitches for the new year.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hate vacations where the weather is rotten and then you just have to go with it or stay inside the whole time and where is the fun in that. Love the bow ties - happy new year

AnnieO said...

Wow, the water was really churning! Not the best beach weather for sure, but you obviously made the best of it. Hope your New Year is happy!

Frog Quilter said...

This vacation will be memorable with the weather being what is was. Sometimes just getting away is great for the soul and body.

Happy New Year and all the best!

O'Quilts said...

All good..the hexies the bowties the vacation..even the rain. Happy New Year