Monday, December 5, 2016

Squishy Mail and Potholders



I took advantage of a very wet weekend with no urgent need to be out and about to replenish my basket of potholders for gift giving.  I completed 16 in all and I was very happy this task did not morph into yet another UFO.  They came entirely from stash and are strictly utilitarian in nature.  Even the centers were castoff terry cloth towels and heat resistant batting remnants that a friend was going to trash.



I also received a sweet squishy envelope from Debbie at Stitchin' Therapy.  When she saw a recent post about my scrappy bow tie blocks she kindly forwarded some scraps for it.  A bonus was that many of these cuts were already 1 ½ inches wide, the starting dimension for the sub-units.  Thank you so much, Debbie!  I have already cut them up and have them sitting by my machine. 


There is always one week in the Christmas season during which everything social seems to get scheduled.  This is the week for me and I am so glad I had the slow weekend in which to catch my breath.  After two very moist weeks that brought us more than 2 inches of rain, the weather is expected to start clearing and cool down some more.  Lights are going up all over town and it’s beginning to look and feel very much like Christmas.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, Mary, I had lots of precuts in the box, so glad you can use them. Enjoy your week.

O'Quilts said...

wonderful wonderful happy potholders. I love them