Sunday, March 12, 2017

Prepping for Handwork



I dove into my reproduction fabrics yesterday and paired fabrics for more rosettes.  The Edyta Sitar pattern calls for 32.  I have 14 finished and 11 ready for basting and assembly.  That, along with all neutrals I need to make, should keep me in handwork for a long time.



Following a recommendation made by Bonnie Hunter, I use a die cutter designed for scrapbookers for cutting my paper foundations.  I like being able to put all that scrap paper to use, and it is more economical in the long run.



We had a rare treat this morning:  breakfast at the Blue Bonnet Cafe, where the bluebonnets are already making a show.  We had a very dreary morning and the picture does not do justice to the colors.



Not to be out done, my rose bush is also in bloom.  Both the roses and bluebonnets are extremely early this year.  


4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

As nice as it is to see blooms this early I hope it doesn't mean a hot dry summer. My forsythia bushes are in bloom too, way too early.

Debbie said...

Beautiful. And we awoke to a dusting of snow overnight! I have azaleas in bloom right now too. I have never seen such a mixed up weather pattern. Enjoy all that hand work :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful flowers! great work on getting your hexies going

O'Quilts said...

lovely peaceful post