Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Little Applique

Our monthly applique group met Thursday and everyone enjoyed themselves, including the hostess (that would be me).  This is the project I worked on.



When I finished appliqueing the blooms and leaves on this piece in July 2016 I thought it would be finished, but soon came to realize it needed something else.  Hubby suggested butterflies, and I had to agree, especially as I’ve always been very fond of them.



I started collecting butterfly prints and recently took my collection to the Tuesday sewing group where we auditioned the choices.  This is the first broderie perse project I’ve tackled.

It can now take its place in the queue with the other ready-to-be quilted tops.



We ended up having a light freeze early Saturday morning followed by an absolutely lovely day.  I feel like autumn is finally here.


6 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh,. your applique piece is a beauty! I think it should go on the top of the projects to be quilted:))

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely front door. Beautiful quilt and I do like the butterflies. Kuddos to you.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your applique and the butterflies are perfect - I have the blue piece with the butterflies some place. We never did have a freeze up here on the ridge but the valley below us did

Quilting Babcia said...

Your applique piece is simply gorgeous. This one deserves to be quilted very soon!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The butterflies are just perfect on that piece! It is nice to have a stash of the right print ready to choose from.

O'Quilts said...

Oh..lovely applique...and your front door...so much better than mine!!!
Oh well...they both mean fall. xo