Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Those Long Term Projects

I’m at that in-between stage on my two primary projects where it’s difficult to report progress.  One quilt is under the needle on the quilter.  I have been dragging my feet on that project for a very long while, but my goal is to finish the quilting process in the next two weeks. 


My Edyta Sitar project continues to grow bit by bit. 



These are the only neutral hexies I have prepped; so, more basting is in my future....a lot more basting.



I did manage to complete 15 anti-ouch pouches and deliver them to the October guild meeting.  That pushes me over 100 in 2017, the goal I set for myself.

The weather has moderated to very pleasant temperatures and we may have our first freeze later this week.  Time to bring out the slow cooker and start making stews! 



Our bottle brush bushes which died back due to freezes last winter have recovered nicely and are blooming.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

This morning is cold here....about 40 degrees. Our first really cold morning, too. The project is looking good....the final bits always seem to take the longest.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we are supposed to maybe get a freeze this weekend maybe even 3 nights in a row. I need to get back to my hexie quilt too - I have plenty basted but haven't worked much on it - I like soups and stews in winter.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think we will have our first frost this week, don't know if it will be a freeze that destroys the plants. It is nice to still have some blooms this time of the year.