Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Red and White Finish

I appreciate the supportive comments I received after my last post.  Hubby's health has improved and I also am feeling much better.  Gradually I am pulling myself out of the slump I was in.




One red quilt project is complete and another is in the process of being pin basted.   It was late in the day when I took this picture.  The real quilt is not nearly this dark.  I am so happy to be finally moving forward on some of my projects. 




Tuesday was spent with friends cutting anti-ouch pouch kits.  Our total stands at 230 kits from the two giant tubs of fabric we received.  The lady who says she actually enjoys ironing the fabric before we cut it has an injured hand, and will be out of commission for a while.  Since others in our group will be travelling off and on all summer, we are asking the project coordinator to hold off delivering more fabric until the August guild meeting.  I’ve also stitched up 10 pouches.  I had to stand at a weird angle while taking the picture to minimize the glare on the ruler.  It kind of makes me dizzy looking at it.




We’ve had an exceptionally wet spring and the plants, including the cacti, are loving it.




My blackberry bushes are also producing.  The first one I sampled was rather tart, but hopefully others will be sweet.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

At times I thought to plant blackberries or raspberries but I'm afraid of them taking areas of the yard over and making a lot more work for me - and then of course I would need to put a tall fence around to keep the deer out! Glad you all are feeling better!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hi Mary, I have not blogged much and was sorry that I have not keep up with my blogging friend, but so pleased that you both are better.

Your red quilt is striking what a treasure!! Super that your friends getting together to help make pouches wonderful project and great to have the fabric donated!

Yummy looking berries...I see a pie in the future❤❤

Hug's, Carolyn

Debbie said...

So glad you are back and let us know things are improving.
I really love your red quilt.....it is so fabulous. Simple design that is just so striking. We've been under the weather this week....and fighting some virus.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I just love your scrappy red and white quilt.

Cactus flowers are so pretty, almost fragile looking. The yellow ones are the prettiest too.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh I do hope Hubby is so much better and that the rest of this year brings health and happiness to you both!