Monday, May 27, 2019

At Last, Something to Post About

Earlier this year I had to cancel out of a quilt retreat I had been looking forward to for months.  Life simply decided to happen at the time of the retreat.  So, I was over the moon happy when three friends invited me to join them for a retreat last week.  Did I ever have fun; and I was even productive.

Jeanette brought her collection of zipper bag patterns and gave me some lessons.  She started with bags made of screening.  Then we moved on to a lined, fabric pouch and a cross-body bag, both by Lazy Girl Designs. 



I started this 2018 Simple Whatnots project by Kim Diehl.  No matter how hard I tried, some of my points are cut off.  I finally decided life was too short to keep fussing with it.  I still need to add the remaining borders.



I also managed to complete 15 anti-ouch pouches.



Of course, I had to help the local economy.  There was a the quilt shop attached to the retreat center, and they were having a sale.  This is how I used the Mother’s Day gift from Julia. 



Chocolate was plentiful and the scales were not kind to me upon my return.  I’m working at getting back with the program and hopefully the damage will be reversed before too long.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always good to enjoy chocolate when with friends :) yes you might need to watch for a week or so to get back on track - but it was worth it wasn't it :)

Debbie said...

Life is too short to not enjoy chocolate...anytime! Wonderful that you had a fun/happy/productive time at retreat. I love your collection of zipper bags. And don't worry about the points on the geese---quilted and washed , things will be less noticeable! You sounds much happier for the fabric therapy:)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

One way to help with points is to sew a scant. Of course for flying geese I use Eleanor Burns method with her rulers and I do not have that problem anymore! Your quilt is very pretty and I love the colors!

So happy that you were able to have a 'mini' retreat!

Hope all stays well! Hugs