Saturday, June 1, 2019

Butterfly Applique Project

It’s been a while since I worked on an applique project.  When a group I sew with decided to do a project for the guild’s silent auction in February, I was assigned the task of appliqueing three of the medium size butterflies for a quilt designed by Edyta Sitar.  Today I was able to pass these blocks off to the person who will embroider the antennae.  Our instructions were to use any applique method we liked as long as it was turned edge and stitched by hand.



I elected to use starch and a heat resistant template to prep the wings.  


After letting it rest several days, I returned to the Kim Diehl project with all the blunted points.  I worked on it a little more and I think it is better.




4 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful butterflies.....love your hand work. Your points looks good....no more worrying about them:)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your applique method looks like it works very well.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your butterflies are so beautiful!!! Your quilt looks great! Have a great Sunday, I guess enjoy the heat, if not hot enough wait until Friday! We are going to be in the 100's before the middle of June! UGH! Hugs

Frog Quilter said...

Love your butterflies appliqué. Beautiful!