Thursday, August 8, 2019

Good Sewing Weather



This is the extended weather forecast that greeted me when I clicked on my weather app this morning.  I am very grateful for a working ac these days. 

While I haven’t mustered the energy to blog lately, I have been at work in my studio (and in my favorite easy chair and at my sewing groups).  So far this year I’ve delivered 92 anti-ouch pouches to the Guild which will be distributed to breast surgery patients.  My annual goal remains at 100.  However, with the guild’s membership putting much of its energy into preparing for our February show, I’ve tried to step up my production.



I’ve also taken a detour from quilting and made these crossbody bags.  The first one I made had issues and serves as a model.  As I became more comfortable with the techniques, I really started enjoying them.  The pattern is available through Brynwood Needleworks.



4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hot here too but not that hot right now! I like your bag and it reminds me I have a similar kind that is tucked away in the closet - I like to put it in the camper to have handy for when I just need something to put a few items in and leave the bigger bag back.

Debbie said...

More heat? Ugh....We had about 10 days of extremes but things are more moderate now in the 90s. Air quality has been the bad problem here this week. Stay in and sew sounds like a good plan. The bags are looking good!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Well, I figured that when we had the cool front in July that August would be killer heat! I am hoping that this doesn't carry into September.

Hoping all is well with you and family! Cute carrying purses!

O'Quilts said...

good to see a post from you. Heat?? I grew up in Phoenix and lived 20 years in Miami....kinda got used to it. xo