Wednesday, May 27, 2020

What I've Been Working On

If I’m counting correctly, we are now in our 10th week of Covid-19 quarantine.  My, how life has changed!  It seems like Texas is on the national news every day as the governor moves us through the reopening phases.  We live in an area with lots of retirees and our particular community continues to be more cautious than others; for which I’m grateful. 

Since my last post, I have completed 37 anti-ouch pouches with 9 more cut and ready for stitching.  I’ve done enough of these over the past several years that they qualify as mindless sewing, and I’m grateful to have them to turn to when I need hypnotic stitching.  These cushions benefit breast cancer patients. 



A house quilt has been on my want-to-do list for a while.  When I saw this free pattern for a 9-inch pot holder at Laugh Yourself Into Stitches I decided to give it a try.  It’s a fun little project, and I intend to make several for my gift basket. Now that my test block is done, I want to be a bit more adventurous in my fabric selection.



This is my pandemic quilt project.  I had pulled the pattern from the American Patchwork and Quilting April 2019 magazine.  Debbie at Stitchin' Therapy also posted about this block.  



I decided to do my blocks in blues, greens and neutrals, a combination I find very soothing.  It sure involves a lot of scrap cutting, but my collection of blocks is gradually growing while my scrap stash refuses to shrink.



One way I’m coping with missing my friends is by participating in various e-mail chains.  I was quite surprised when my participation “earned” me this pin made by one of our members.  It will be added to my guild name tag and worn with pride when we finally meet again.



The wildflowers have mostly gone to seed now, but here is another shot from a neighbor’s wildflower bed that I took a couple of weeks ago.




The cacti care still in bloom.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Love your color combo!!!! Those blocks look fabulous. Much better than the scrappy version I began with and put aside. I might need to rethink that. The house block is cute....you could have fun with different combos in it.
Scraps never diminish no matter what we do!
I know what you mean about changes and being in the news.....I am so ready for things to settle down.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we are at about 10 weeks too now and we still have only ventured to the grocery store and a couple times to Lowes with our masks on and hand sanitizer handy - both of us in the high risk group - I long for the day I will feel comfortable running store to store running my errands and not thinking about what I touch - but in the meantime - I quilt and "play" in my yard

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your blues and greens are very soothing, like a beautiful summer day.

Frog Quilter said...

Your new quilt IS SOOTHING and will be fabulous when finished.

Alarico Adalbert said...

“I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud home owner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informaions.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.