Friday, June 19, 2020

Progress on Blue Blocks and First New Blogger Post Attempt


I have completed 48 of these blocks, which I think of as my quarantine project.  The blocks will finish at 8 inches square, so I think I have enough for a lap quilt if I add borders.  I also have two baggies of extra paired units. 

For the moment I am setting them aside so I can begin work on the first installment of a block of the month project. The pandemic delayed the launch of this program by a local quilt shop, but the owner recently arranged a means of quick pick-up or even a mail service.

This post is my first attempt at using the new Blogger.  I have seen comments about how hard it is to find the button to click for a new post (turns out it is near the bottom of the screen).  Then I had to search for the way to change the photo size.  This will definitely take some getting used to, but so far it has not been as difficult as I feared.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice to see you post again Mary - have missed seeing your updates! sometimes it can be very hard to learn a new program or an update to one you are used to

Debbie said...

Oh, I like those pandemic blocks. They will look so good. Haven't even tried the new set up.....I am waiting until I am forced into it. I am so tired of all this changing in the world. So this is one thing I can resist!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I like your blocks - and colors! The young programmers (coders) just cannot leave a good thing alone!
BTW - Clay and I are doing well, his procedure (new valve) was done without a hitch - he is walking with me 30 minutes each day at 6 - you know how lovely the weather is here!

I get my eye surgery on 10 July - by 1 August we will be free from all of the checkups, etc and well on to beginning our 2020! LOL

Hugs