Friday, June 26, 2020

It Only Took 7 Years






I’ve been working on knitting dishcloths during television time.  They are not nearly as bulky and much easier to set aside when a dog lands in my lap than my other handwork projects.  I bought this cone of cotton yarn for $1 at the library thrift store 7 years ago thinking I would never use it up.  I have no idea how many dishcloths it produced, but it is finally gone.  Tonight, I’ll weave in the loose ends.  As soon as I finish prepping, I’ll start working on hand applique from my block of the month.

Our crepe myrtles are blooming now.  The white sky is partially due to clouds and partially due to dust.

 

Sunset courtesy of Saharan dust.


7 comments:

Linda said...

Came here from Instagram and love your dishcloth! I need to try crocheting one.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I know how you feel about the cone. I thought I would never use up the one I bought too but eventually it was gone.

We had a colorful sky tonight after the storm so the dust must be getting closer to us now.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't ever bought a cone - I take it takes awhile to use it up LOL -very pretty yarn and sunset!

Debbie said...

Great sunset! Our sky was so hazy yesterday that I figured it was foreign dust.

Hilachas said...

Beautiful sunset and beautiful dishcloths. Nice work for sitting in the evening.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

The Crepe Myrtle is beautiful. Those pot holders are very pretty and cones are good to make those type of pot holders.
The African Dust has put a dent in our walking - darn! Hugs

Bernard said...

Nice blog thannks for posting