Saturday, August 29, 2020

What I've Been Up To


I did not want August to end without a blog post.  After all, my blog celebrated its 10th anniversary this month. 

 


This project has been complete several days, but it took a while for me to get it back on the design wall and photographed.  Those half square triangles were paper pieced and finish at 1 inch.  It’s a portion of a Sue Garman pattern that I am very happy to say is bound, labeled, done. 

 


Distribution of the next two units of my block of the month, Kim Diehl’s Esther’s Bloomers, were delayed due to the pandemic.  When the opportunity to purchase all remaining units presented itself, I happily snatched them up.  This pandemic certainly does require work-arounds. 

 


Here is unit 2 in the cutting stage.  After that, I had to draw diagonal lines across most of those 1 ½ inch squares.  At least there is no applique this time, but unit 3 has a lot of handwork.

  


I also delivered 29 anti-ouch pouches in August and began handwork on a group project which will take over most of my time due to an October deadline.  It has been a couple of years since I worked on applique this intricate, and I am out of practice. 

When I checked the temperature around 6:30 yesterday morning, it was 81 degrees with a feels-like temperature of 86…a very good day to stay in and stitch.  Whenever I find myself trying to slip into the pandemic doldrums, I remind myself that I would be mostly sheltering in place during these hot days, anyway.


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a neat quilt that is! and glad to see you on your blog. It got up to 96 here then a short lived storm moved in and dropped to 81 thank goodness - I think it will all be normal temperatures now for awhile with September coming in soon - 80 will feel nice as will 56-60 at night

Frog Quilter said...

Love your triangle quilt. Beautifully done!

Debbie said...

Glad you have those work around ideas to help during this. The triangles still look fabulous. The doldrums are foced upon us and that is what I hate! Just getting a hair cut this week is an event, mask and all. I think I make it worse because I think the mask as useless, and all the numbers reported are skewed by DHEC anyway. Our humidity is so high right now, you can't be outside.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is quite an accomplishment to sew all of those tiny triangles into a quilt. And you are right, we would be sheltering in place anyway in the heat of this summer, one of the very hottest here in northern IL. I feel like we have just had a TX summer.

O'Quilts said...

Wow...That quilt is very impressive...Good for you...Nice to see a post from you.

AnnieO said...

Very labor intensive triangle project, you are right to feel happy and proud! Glad stitching is keeping you occupied during this unbelievably weird and awful year. It’s helping me too

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What a masterpiece!!!! I like Kim's fabric and pattern. I will have to look for the pattern maybe in 2030 I could make it! LOL. Hugs