Saturday, July 18, 2020

Progress and Mind Changes



I’ve largely stopped naming my quilts, but whenever I look at this project I think “Quarantine Blues.”  I’ve reluctantly decided to add a pieced border.  Actually, I had a fabric remnant that would have made a great border, but sadly not enough.  After spending way too much time trying to find it on-line, I reminded myself that this is supposed to be a scrappy, stash-only project, hence my change of mind.


This project has been languishing for months only lacking quilting in the borders.  This is a Sue Garman pattern that actually called for additional pieced borders.  I just could not bring myself to add more.  It made several trips to Guild retreats and was a source of much teasing.  I think the word “insanity” was frequently applied.

A friend once told me that only a fool never changes her mind.  She was a lady of great wisdom.



6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the first one looks like a cool summer day with a gentle breeze.

Linda said...

I love your scrappy quilt! I need to look back on your posts to find your pattern. And that is a great "insanity" quilt. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do pieced borders, although I really like the look.

Debbie said...

I love your blues! Could you use the fabric you wanted for the border and add to it with a few other scraps added. Maybe use it in the corners and fill in the center of sides with something else? Just throwing you some extra ideas.
Oh, I remember all those triangles! It looks fine as it is and if you say enough then it is done! No guilt:)

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Wow what beautiful quilts. The first one looks like a variation on Around the World pattern. I really love the blues.......and if I ever did a project (quilting or otherwise) where I didn't change my mind along the way I don't think I would ever get one done!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Pretty Blue Scrappy quilt! Looking good! There could be some ‘insanity’ in the HST craziness quilt! Both are very pretty!

Astrid said...

Love your scrappy quilts! Log Cabin is one of my favorite patterns, your 'quarantine blues' er beautiful! My goodness all those HST! Insanity, indeed! lol Amazing quilt. Not sure I have the patience for that many HST. Well done!