Sunday, November 29, 2020

Not a Typical Day


 


Yesterday I celebrated one of those “decade” birthdays.  The day included a visit from our daughter and grandson, flamingos, a tiara, and a drive-by by neighbors and friends.  It was fun and all a surprise, the stinkers!  



There was no mistaking what was going on.



The rain did not spoil the fun.



Chocolate was involved.



Meanwhile, progressing slowly on applique for my current project.  After trying to figure out where to store some more of my growing quilt inventory, I decided I am not in a race and can take my time.

 


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy 70th - looking good - must have been nice to have a surprise "party" and the cake looks wonderful

Linda said...

Happy birthday! You certainly do not look 70. You're still a kid in my book. ;)
That cake looks delicious.

Debbie said...

Again...happy decade birthday! Oh my, do things look different at this age. I have the 71st one in a couple of weeks. But as I say, I made it this far why not celebrate. It is all in how you look at it. We are so much wiser now!

Frog Quilter said...

Happy birthday 🎉🎂🎈🎁🎊 you young lady. Keep up the fabulous living and quilting!!!

AnnieO said...

How fun! Cute pic of you! Happy 70th! I turned 59 and wonder where my 50s went—sure seemed a fast decade. Love the appliqué.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy birthday!! And the rain was another present for your area! I hope you have many more years of quilting fun and another surprise party in 10 years.