Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Another Project Bound, Labeled, Done





The color wheel, one of the small projects I pieced at my recent quilt retreat, is now finished.  I used invisible thread on the color wheel and a matching thread for the background.  Mostly I used a medium meander on the background, but if you look very closely there’s a note-to-self quilted into the into it that says “Be brave, and use all the colors.”

 Even before the pandemic began, my quilting mojo had slowed.  I thought that with all the lockdowns and cancelations I would be more productive, but that did not happen.  Lately, though, it seems to be coming back.  I hope the trend lasts.

 We had one-half inch rain last night.  It was very welcome as one of the driest Septembers on record draws to an end.  Predictions are we could have even more this week.

 

Live -- My 2021 Word

 The only disability in life is a bad attitude—Scott Hamilton

 

 




3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We are expecting rain over the weekend, also very much needed. We just finished the 14th warmest Sept. in records since 1871. I hope you get more rain and maybe some of our rain will come from your direction.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we need it too - it has missed us today still have chances through Sunday - one can hope

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hi Mary, we got a total of 3 1/2" - missed more, but we take what we can get. Now to get rid of the humidity and have cooler temps.

Was there a pattern for your Color Wheel - It is so pretty and so very useful to a quilter!

Have a wonderful week-end. Hugs