Thursday, October 21, 2021

Patriotic Wall Quilt is a Finish



I finished putting the label on this patriotic wall quilt last night.  It was a kit I had been given that I took to retreat.  I quilted it both on my domestic machine and my sit-down quilter.  I still find some things, like stitching in the ditch, are easier on my domestic machine using a walking foot provided it’s a small piece.  Other things like meanders and border work go faster of my Handi Quilter.   … Glad it’s done and I can check another one off my list.

 

In other news, I’m trying to make friends with a new computer.  I had to search out a source for Picasa3, the photo editing ap I prefer.  It is old software that is being phased out for Google users.  I like it though, and have several albums and collections set up using it.  So, I’ll stick with it for a while longer.  I think most of my files and contacts have been transferred and it’s just a matter of getting settled in.

 

Our community is experiencing a surge of coyote activity.  We hear them singing regularly and actually observed one on the golf course behind our house.  Several deer have been killed in recent weeks.  This evening we discovered a fawn carcass outside our fence.  Some of us are worrying that our pets might be at risk as well.  I understand city officials are looking at various options for dealing with the issue. 


Live -- My 2021 Word

 Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed.  It means the damage no longer controls our lives.--MyPositiveOutlooks.com


 


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Just wondering if your new computer is Windows 11....or maybe you are a Mac user.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love your Patriotic quilt! And your 2021 saying is great! Glad you are getting along with your new computer. I left Windows and went to the iMAC in January and love it. Now I am 100% Apple.... Have a great week-end - grab that cool front and push it down here! Think I have 4 more days of warm and very humid walks in the future before it cools down again. Hugs