Sunday, September 26, 2021

Hubby’s Quilt, Bound Labeled, Done


All quilts have a story.  One day, while hubby was patiently waiting in the husband’s corner of a favorite quilt shop while I browsed, he noticed the pattern for this quilt and really liked the panel in the illustration.  It’s not the first time I made him a quilt, but it is the first time he ever asked me to make a specific quilt.

 

The shop had the border pattern but not that panel.  I was able to purchase it online and soon we were back at the shop to get the pattern and choose fabrics.




This is the result.  This is one of three unexpected new projects I mentioned earlier this summer.  The first was my grandson’s Aggie quilt. 


I'm not catching up on projects, though.  I purchased a paper piecing pattern from a blogger friend's pop up shop yesterday.  


Live -- My 2021 Word

 Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. -- George Bernard Shaw

 

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I never catch up either - as soon as one is done there are 5 more to take it's place!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt and I love the colors! I am sure he is loving it! Hugs. Hoping the rain hits this week like the are predicting. I am ready for a full week of water coming down from the sky!!!