Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Covid Blues is Bound-Labeled-Done




“Covid Blues,” is bound-labeled-done.  I began work on it in May, 2020, as my pandemic project and finished piecing the top in June, 2021.  Since then, it’s been hanging in the to-be-quilted closet and I was ready to be done with it.  The final stitch went into the binding last Tuesday night. It is quilted with a meander that I tried to make a little looser than my usual.  I used a light blue variegated King Tut thread I had in my stash.   Everything except the backing fabric came from my stash.  It is so big and heavy that it took both of us to pin it to the design wall.

Meanwhile, I continue working on double four-patch blocks for those times I crave mindless machine piecing.  The nice thing about working with scraps is I don't need to stress if I don't like the way a particular block is turning out.

 


We had a visitor outside our fence yesterday.  We’re a little concerned about him because he looks very thin and pretty much ignored us and the dogs.  Also Arnie, the armadillo, is again visiting our yard but I never have my camera when I see him and it’s usually after dark, anyway.

 


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't seen a deer in the yard since early fall! They disappeared right around the time hunting season started. Love your quilt

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the border (and the whole quilt). That's where I fail and put on plain borders.
Mindless piecing is such good feel good therapy.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

CB is a beautiful quilt! Our deer are also looking bad. There is not enough water or food for them. Have a great week. Hugs