Saturday, January 1, 2022

Hello 2022!


December 2021 was the warmest on record for our area and we had a high of 81 degrees today.  Our yard is still green and it had to be mowed Friday.  Golfers were still wearing shorts this afternoon.  Things are expected to change tonight, though, with a freeze in the early morning hours.

I stopped making potholders after I had completed 16.  Eight were gifts, 8 for the guild boutique and materials are available for several more.

 


I decided to turn my attention to some mindless chain stitching this afternoon.  I’ve been making these double four patches as a leader-ender project and am beginning to get an accumulation.  One four patch in the picture is backwards and I have pulled it for a redo.  Others won't make the cut because they don't have enough contrast.  I got the idea for this project from Julie at Me and My Quilts blog.  She is calling her version Smitten.

 


My goal today was to begin 2022 with a tidy desk.  I keep remembering that Corps cadets at Texas A&M are only allowed to have 3 things on their desk at a time.  How can they possibly manage that?  Not to be a pessimist, but experience has taught me that it is unlikely my desk will look like this much past mail delivery Monday.

My 2022 word is "Acceptance".  The changes all of us have faced during the last 2 years have been a challenge for me.  Also, I’ve noticed that things in general are different since I was 40 … 50 … err 60.  And why did I walk into that room, anyway? I believe the reality of situations must be accepted before they can be dealt with.  So, there you have it.

Take care and Happy New Year everyone.

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Acceptance doesn’t mean that life gets better; it just means that my way of living life on life’s terms improves. –Sharon E Rainey

 

 


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wouldn't be able to manage three things on the desk only - you didn't get any of the cold front that came through to us here in Arkansas? I didn't look at the weather map to see if Texas was getting it too

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm wondering what three things they have on their desks, pen, paper, and laptop? Or if the laptop isn't one they have to remove something to set the laptop down? It wouldn't work for me either.

Acceptance is a good path to follow. Otherwise frustration rules your life.

NC is getting really warm weather too. My kids live on a lake and haven't winterized their boat yet. I hope your freezing spell doesn't last long.

O'Quilts said...

Acceptance is my word too...but it is, Oh, so hard xoxo

Alexis londo said...

Hello

Due to Covid, I missed installments 5 and 6 of esthers bloomers and see you blogged about it. I have contacted fat quarter shop (where I did the BOM) and Kim Diehl (via instagram and have not heard back) but if you are willing, can I buy just the pattern? I bought the material and have extra from the previous 4 instalments and would like to finish this project (Without a bunch of trial and error).

You can contact me at alexislondo at gmail.com

Alexis londo said...

I meant just for 5 and 6 not the entire pattern