Monday, January 31, 2022

Just Relaxing Stitching



My collection of double four patches, the product of mindless and therapeutic stitching, continues to grow.  I will be cutting more of both the white and four patch units this week.  I haven’t decided how large I want this project to be or how I will handle the borders.  I may use a solid row of four patches that were rejected because of too-little contrast for the borders.  We’ll see.

 


I used this orphan block to try out a new stencil for the background quilting using some washout markers that had been recommended.  The stencil is one of Cindy Needham’s twisted grid designs and I like it enough to use it on a larger wall hanging, but the search continues for markers.  Perhaps it was the background fabric, but I never managed to get all the marks to wash out and the quilting does not show up in the photograph.

 


And finally, I used some scraps to test a paper pieced school house block.  I think this will become my next project.

 

As I type this, we are experiencing a nice moist day.  So far, one-third inch has been recorded, and that’s very good news since we have returned to drought status.  Cold weather is expected to move in about Thursday.

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

The pain will not go away by getting angry or bitter, it will go away when you learn to accept life’s challenges with grace and ease. –Unknown

 


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you are not expecting the snow and ice later this week like we are - rain is always good to get out of a drought - but can do without the winter weather after I have had it once. Love that butterfly

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

4 patches are fun to play with - are you ice skating today? We escaped that but it is still very cold. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs